Sweetcorn fritters with chipotle cod
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 200g can sweetcorn
- 3 spring onions , finely sliced
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove , finely sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle chilli sauce
- 1 lime , zested and juiced
- 2 skinless cod fillets
- ½ small bunch of coriander , chopped
- STEP 1
Beat the eggs and flour together until smooth. Stir through the corn, spring onion and some seasoning.
- STEP 2
Heat half the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan. Pour in the batter and fry over a medium heat for 3 mins on each side until golden.
- STEP 3
Heat the grill to high. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic and tomatoes for 5 mins. Stir through the chipotle and the lime juice and zest.
- STEP 4
Meanwhile, cook the fish on a baking tray under the grill, set to medium-high and cook for 3-4 mins on each side.
- STEP 5
Slice the corn fritter into four and divide between two plates. Sprinkle over the coriander and serve with the fish and chipotle tomatoes.