Gingered tofu, aubergine & pea noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 aubergines , cut into small chunks
- 4 nests medium egg noodles (about 250g)
- 1 garlic clove
- thumb-sized piece ginger , grated
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 160g pack marinated tofu pieces (we used Cauldron)
- 225g frozen peas , defrosted
- 3 spring onions , shredded
- STEP 1
Heat a wok over a high heat and add 2 tbsp of the oil. Throw in the aubergine and cook, stirring, for 8-10 mins or until it has browned and softened completely, then season. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions.
- STEP 2
Remove the aubergine from the pan and add the remaining oil. Cook the garlic and ginger for 30 secs, then stir in the five-spice. Spoon in the soy and chilli sauce, stir and bubble for 30 secs.
- STEP 3
Throw in the tofu, peas and aubergines, and heat through. Add the noodles and toss everything together. Divide between bowls and scatter over the spring onions.