- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 aubergines, cut into small chunks
Although it's technically a fruit (a berry, to be exact), the aubergine is used as a…
- 4 nests medium egg noodles (about 250g)
- 1 garlic clove
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 160g pack marinated tofu pieces (we used Cauldron)
- 225g frozen peas, defrosted
- 3 spring onions, shredded
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
Heat a wok over a high heat and add 2 tbsp of the oil. Throw in the aubergine and cook, stirring, for 8-10 mins or until it has browned and softened completely, then season. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions.
Remove the aubergine from the pan and add the remaining oil. Cook the garlic and ginger for 30 secs, then stir in the five-spice. Spoon in the soy and chilli sauce, stir and bubble for 30 secs.
Throw in the tofu, peas and aubergines, and heat through. Add the noodles and toss everything together. Divide between bowls and scatter over the spring onions.