Chinese leaf pork wraps
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Go beyond the standard tortilla by using lettuce as a wrap. Pack full with spiced pork, mushrooms, rice and spring onions
- 2 tsp olive oil or sesame oil
- 250g pork mince
- 1 garlic clove , grated
- small knob of ginger , peeled and finely chopped
- 4 mushrooms , chopped
- 4 spring onions , finely sliced
- remaining rice & beans from Spicy chicken with rice & beans (see 'goes well with')
- half a beaten egg remaining from Apple & mustard pork burgers, (see 'goes well with')
- ¼ small bunch parsley , chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce , plus extra to serve
- 8-10 Chinese leaves
- sweet chilli sauce , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a wok and add the pork mince. Stir-fry over a high heat for 5 mins until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- STEP 2
Add the garlic, ginger, mushrooms and spring onions to the wok. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins, then add the rice & peas. Stir-fry for 1 min, then add the egg and cook until the egg scrambles. Stir through the parsley, pork, soy and seasoning.
- STEP 3
Pile the rice and pork into Chinese leaves and serve with soy and sweet chilli sauce.