Pepper & lemon spaghetti with basil & pine nuts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and diced
- 150g wholemeal spaghetti
- 2 courgettes (250g), grated
- 2 garlic cloves , finely grated
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- 15g basil , finely chopped
- 25g pine nuts , toasted
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the pepper and cook for 5 mins. Meanwhile, cook the pasta for 10-12 mins until tender.
- STEP 2
Add the courgette and garlic to the pepper and cook, stirring very frequently, for 10-15 mins until the courgette is really soft.
- STEP 3
Stir in the lemon zest and juice, basil and spaghetti (reserve some pasta water) and toss together, adding a little of the pasta water until nicely coated. Add the pine nuts, then spoon into bowls and serve topped with the parmesan, if using.