- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- ½ small red onion , sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus an extra drizzle, to serve
- 70g cherry tomatoes
- 200g canned chickpeas , drained
- 1 small garlic clove , crushed
- ½ tbsp tahini
- ½ lemon , zested and juiced
- 1 flatbread
- 30g mixed pitted olives
- 20g vegetarian feta , crumbled
- small handful of basil , shredded
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to its highest setting. Spread the onion wedges out on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil. Grill for 3-5 mins turning halfway through, then add the tomatoes to the tray, season and grill for a further 5 mins or until juicy and popping.
- STEP 2
Put the chickpeas in a pan with the garlic and remaining 1 tbsp oil, then heat for 5 mins before crushing the chickpeas using a potato masher. Stir through the tahini, the lemon zest and juice along with 2 tbsp water. Season.
- STEP 3
Warm your flatbread under the grill for a couple of minutes. Top with the crushed chickpeas, then the tomato and onion mixture. Finish with the olives, feta and basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.