- 400g can chopped tomato
- 2 spring onions, whites and greens separated, both finely sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp brown or barbecue sauce
- 400g can black bean, drained and rinsed
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
- 1 small ripe avocado
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- few good squeezes of lemon or lime juice
- big dollop of natural yogurt
Tip the tomatoes, spring onion whites, spices and brown sauce into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and bubble for 10 mins.
Stir in the beans with some seasoning and heat through for 5 mins. Meanwhile, toast the bread, then chunkily dice half the avocado and mix with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Squash the remaining avocado over one of the pieces of toast, and sandwich with the other. Sit on a plate and top with the hot chilli beans, followed by the diced avocado and a dollop of cooling yogurt. Scatter with the spring onion greens and tuck in.