Sticky stem ginger duck & noodle salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
This Asian style salad with vermicelli rice noodles and crunchy veg makes a light weeknight dinner - pack leftovers for lunch the next day
- 5 balls stem ginger , finely grated, plus 3 tbsp syrup from the jar
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- zest and juice 4 limes , plus 1 cut into wedges to serve
- 2 duck legs , skin removed
- 200g pack sugar snap peas
- 140g vermicelli rice noodles
- 300g bag beansprouts
- 200g pack radishes , sliced
- small pack mint , leaves picked
- 1 fat red chilli , deseeded & thinly sliced
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. In a small bowl, mix the stem ginger, 1 tbsp soy and the juice and zest 1 lime. Put the duck on a foil-lined baking tray, scrunch up the sides of the foil around the duck, then pour over the marinade. Bake for 45 mins, turning the duck over halfway through cooking.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the sugar snap peas and boil for 30 secs, then scoop out (don’t drain the water), then transfer to a colander and run under cold water until cool. Bring the water back to the boil and cook the rice noodles following pack instructions. Meanwhile, slice the sugar snap peas on the diagonal.
- STEP 3
When the noodles are cooked, drain well. Put in a large bowl, add the remaining soy, the stem ginger syrup, lime zest and juice, cooled sugar snap peas, beansprouts, radishes, mint and chilli. Shred the duck and add this, along with any juices collected in the foil. Toss everything together, then serve.