Vietnamese veg parcels
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 x 50g pack rice flour pancakes
- 50g thin rice noodles
- 1 cooked skinless chicken breast , shredded
- 1 carrot , finely sliced
- ½ cucumber , finely shredded
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and finely sliced
- Baby Gem lettuce , coriander and mint leaves, to serve
For the dipping sauce
- 4 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- squeeze lime
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
- STEP 1
Soak the rice fl our pancakes according to pack instructions or in boiling water for 30 secs. Remove and cool on kitchen paper. Soak the rice noodles according to pack instructions, then drain and cut them into 2cm strips.
- STEP 2
Lay a rice pancake on a board and arrange some rice noodles, chicken, vegetables and herb leaves about a third of the way up, leaving a 1cm edge at the side. Fold the sides over the vegetables and then roll up lengthways to make a cigar. Store in the fridge, covered with moist kitchen paper for up to 1 day.
- STEP 3
Mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce and put into a bowl. To serve, arrange the rolls on a plate along with the leaves and herbs. To eat, wrap each roll in a piece of lettuce with a herb sprig and dunk into the sauce.