Soup maker butternut squash soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- ½ butternut squash (about 500g), peeled and chopped into 4cm cubes
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 small garlic clove , thinly sliced
- 1 mild red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche , plus more to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the butternut squash in a roasting tin with the olive oil. Season and roast for 30 mins, turning once during cooking, until golden and soft.
- STEP 2
Put the roast squash into the soup maker, along with the onion, garlic, most of the chilli and all the stock. Make sure you don’t fill the soup maker above the max fill line. Season well. Press the ‘smooth soup’ function.
- STEP 3
Once the cycle is complete, season well, and add the crème fraîche. Blend briefly once again until the soup is creamy. Add a little extra stock or boiling water if you prefer a thinner soup, and serve in bowls with a swirl of crème fraîche and the reserved chopped chilli.