Quick beef & broccoli one-pot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g unsalted cashew nuts
- 400g frying beef steak, cut into strips
- 1 large head broccoli , broken into florets
- 4 sticks celery , sliced
- 150ml beef stock (from a cube is fine)
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 2 tbsp low-fat fromage frais
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the nuts and toss for a few secs until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Season the steak strips with plenty of pepper and stir-fry over a high heat for 1-2 mins to brown. Set aside with the nuts. Tip the broccoli and celery into the pan and stir-fry for 2 mins. Pour the stock over, cover and simmer for 2 mins. Meanwhile, mix the horseradish and fromage frais together.
- STEP 3
Return the steak to the pan and toss with the veg, then sprinkle over the nuts and serve with the creamy horseradish. Great with mashed potatoes.