- 400g pork fillet
- 4 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 60ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ small pineapple , peeled, cored and cut into chunks (or use ready prepped fresh pineapple, drained well)
- 1 green pepper , deseeded and cut into squares (optional)
- 4 spring onions , trimmed and cut into 4 equal lengths
- small bunch coriander , chopped (optional)
- cooked rice or pitta, to serve
- STEP 1
Cut the pork into cubes. Heat the sugar and vinegar in a pan over a low heat until the sugar melts. Add the fish sauce and cool. Tip in the pork and mix well so that all the cubes are covered in sauce.
- STEP 2
Heat the barbecue. If you are using coals, wait until they turn white. If you are indoors, heat a griddle pan. Thread the pork and pineapple onto skewers, alternating pieces with the pepper and spring onion.
- STEP 3
Barbecue or griddle the skewers for 3-4 mins each side (you may need to cook them for longer if griddling). Sprinkle with coriander, if you like, then serve with rice or slide into pitta breads.