Cod & spinach yellow curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A lightly spiced fish curry you can whip up in 30 minutes, with chunks of meaty cod, iron-rich spinach and creamy coconut milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 250g cod fillet, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil (or any flavourless oil)
- 1 onion , finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , finely sliced
- thumb-sized piece ginger , grated
- 400g can coconut milk
- 100g fresh spinach
- cooked basmati rice and naan bread, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
In a small bowl, combine the spices. Coat the fish with half the spice mixture and some seasoning. Set aside.
- STEP 2
In a medium lidded frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger, and fry for 8 mins until softened. Add the remaining spice mix and gently cook for 1 min to release the flavour of the spices.
- STEP 3
Pour in the coconut milk, bring to the boil and simmer for 3-5 mins to reduce slightly, then add the cod and spinach. Pop the lid on and continue to cook for 5 mins or so until the spinach has wilted and the cod is cooked through. Season to taste and serve with basmati rice and naan bread, if you like.