Barley couscous & prawn tabbouleh
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 125g barley couscous
- zest 1 lemon , juice of 0.5
- 1 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
- ½ small pack dill , finely chopped
- good handful mint leaves , chopped
- ½ cucumber , chopped
- 2 nectarines , chopped
- 125g peeled prawns , or a handful of cashews or pecans for a vegetarian version.
- STEP 1
Tip the couscous into a bowl and pour over just enough boiling water to cover, following pack instructions. Leave for no more than 5 mins, drain thoroughly, then fluff up with a fork and tip into a bowl. Stir in the lemon zest and juice with the oil, dill and mint, then add the cucumber and nectarines.
- STEP 2
Toss through the prawns or nuts and serve on plates or pack into lunch containers.