Moroccan spiced mince with couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 35-40 minutes, plus draining time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions , roughly chopped
- 350g pack Quorn mince
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 100g ready-to-eat dried apricots , quartered
- 600ml vegetable stock
For the couscous
- 280g couscous
- grated zest of 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 50g unsalted cashews , toasted under the grill
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan, add the onions and cook gently for 5 minutes until they soften. Stir in the Quorn and spices (unlike meat and poultry, Quorn doesn’t need to be browned), then add the apricots and stock. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and cook gently for 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, make up the couscous following the packet instructions – it will take about 450ml boiling water to give it a nice fluffy texture. Fork through the lemon zest and mint. Season to taste.
- STEP 3
Spoon the couscous onto serving plates, pile the Quorn mixture on top and scatter with the cashews.