Simple pickled cucumbers
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1 hour
- Serves 10
Tradional family recipe: Quick, easy, fresh tasting & a reminder of Swedish summers!
- Medium cucumber
- 3 tbsp Distilled white vinegar
- 3 tsp Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pinch Ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dill finely chopped (save a couple of feathery sprigs for presentation
- STEP 1Cut cucumbers into the thinnest possible slices using a mandolin or sharp knife Arrange the slices evenly in a bowl. Whisk together the white vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and dill (or parsley) Pour the mix over the cucumbers and cover the bowl with cling film. Place a plate with a weight over the cucumbers (a tin of tomatoes for example) to squeeze out the liquid. Chill for 1 hour. Pour out the excess liquid. Decorate with chopped dill or parsley. Enjoy as a side dish with salmon dishes or with pickled herring served with fresh boiled potatoes. The quick pickled cucumber is also nice served with cold-cuts, on cream cheese or as a side with a salad.