A massive 91 per cent of British homes have a toaster. If you’re looking to join the masses, or upgrade your tired appliance, buying one during Black Friday and Cyber Monday could save you money.
Modern toasters often offer pre-sets that take the guess work out of browning times. Our team tested a variety of models to bring you our picks of the best toasters available on the market. Speed of toasting, design, ease of use and size were among the criteria against which these models were tested.
Savings are available on everything from the best food processors to the best dishwashers on 27 November and 30 November this year. Find all the latest news and kitchen appliance Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on our favourite tried-and-tested models at BBC Good Food.
Which retailers have Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales on?
We’re tracking prices to bring you the biggest deals on all the best toasters below, but for more Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on products for your home and kitchen, check out these sales:
- Very – still live: Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on home tech including KitchenAid and Kenwood
- Lakeland – still live: save on electricals including KitchenAid accessories
- Currys – still live: ‘Black Fri-Yay!’ deals across various departments
- John Lewis & Partners – still live: save on large and small appliances including Kenwood and Magimix
- Appliances Direct – new Cyber Monday deals: up to 40% off appliances including fridge freezers
- Nisbets – new Cyber Monday discount: 10% off everything with code CYBER (30 November only, max £25 discount, T&C apply)
- Argos – still live: half price kitchen appliances including Ninja and Nespresso
- Robert Dyas – still live: Mega Deals on home and garden including Kenwood and Salter electricals
- AO.com – still live: save on appliances including best dishwashers and microwaves
- Amazon – new Cyber Monday deals across various departments
- House of Fraser – still live: £20 voucher with every £100 spent (T&C apply)
If it’s gifts for foodies you’re after, Trouva, Not on the High Street, Amara and Ethical Superstore all ran Black Friday offers last year and will be doing the same later this month. The latter will not only be offering 20% off everything from the 23-30 November, but also donating grocery items to the Newcastle West End Foodbank with every order over £30.
Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday toaster deals 2020
SMEG TSF03 4-slot Steel Toaster, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 2% at Amazon on the grey model, was £179.95 now £176.40 (save £3.55)
- Save 5% at AO.com, was £189 now £179 (save £10)
Most attractive toaster
Smeg products are instantly recognisable for their retro 1950’s design and cheerful colour pallet. Rated 4/5 stars when tested by BBC Good Food, this four-slot toaster impressed with its extra-wide slots, 11 browning settings and additional options that include defrost and keep-warm. Eight colours are available whilst stocks last. Amazon is currently offering large savings on black and red models, now £174.95 down from £179.95. RRP £189.
Read our full Smeg TSF03 toaster review.
Russell Hobbs 24381 Inspire 4 Slice toaster, Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- Save 30% at Amazon, was £49.99 now £35 (save £14.99)
- Save 30% at AO.com, was £49 now £35 (save £14)
- Save 30% at Currys, was £49.99 now £35 (save £14.99)
- Price matched by John Lewis at £35
Best value four-slot toaster
This wallet-friendly Russell Hobbs produced some of the most evenly toasted bread out of all the models we tested. For reliability, and for a toaster that handles thickly sliced bread, this is a good choice. RRP £49.99.
DeLonghi Distinta Flair 4-slice toaster, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 4% at Delonghi, was £129.98 now £124.98 (save £5)
- One to watch: Good price at AO.com, was £125 now £79 (save £46)
Best all-round toaster
BBC Good Food expert Rosie Mullender rated this DeLonghi 4.5/5 stars for its overall performance when tested against other top models. Notable was its speed and versatility for browning different types of bread. Dual dials with six browning settings gives you the flexibility to be toasting a frozen slice in one slot and half a bagel in the other. RRP £124.98.
Read our full DeLonghi Distinta Flair toaster review.
Sage the Smart Toaster BTA845UK, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 19% at Currys, was £169.95 now £137 (plus two-year guarantee included)
- Save 19% at Amazon, was £169.95 now £137 (save £32.95)
Toaster with best overall functionality
You can now save over £32 on the Sage Smart Toaster at Currys and John Lewis & Partners thanks to the competition of a short but sweet price-drop by Amazon (now back to £169.95). This is a toaster of the future, impressing on its performance and variety of functions which include defrost, a specific crumpet and bagel setting, as well as its extra-wide slots. RRP £169.95.
Read our full Sage the Smart Toast review.
Kenwood Mesmerine TFM810 toaster, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 22% at Currys, was £129 now £99.99 (save £29.01)
- Save 13% at Brown Thomas, was £135 now £116.95 (save £18.05)
Four-slot toaster with best browning
A lightweight toaster with excellent results, this stylish model has plenty of toasting options. It handles chunkier slices of bread and had the most even browning of all models we tested. Not too large or heavy, the plastic outside stays cool enough to touch. It also looks good, with its 3D pearlised effect that’s available in four colours. RRP £129.98.
Read our full Kenwood Mesmerine toaster review.
More Black Friday and Cyber Monday kitchen appliance deals
Black Friday coffee machine deals
Black Friday microwave deals
Black Friday slow cooker deals
Black Friday dishwasher deals
Black Friday blender deals
Black Friday stand mixer deals
Black Friday food processor deals
Black Friday fridge freezer deals
Black Friday kettle deals
Black Friday alcohol deals
When is Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020?
Black Friday is an annual shopping event which originally started in America and takes place on the first Friday after Thanksgiving. Now a global event, this year’s will happen on 27 November and be followed by Cyber Monday on 30 November, offering another chance to get products on offer for less than the RRP price.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Do your research in advance and have your toaster in mind. Our guide to the best toasters tried and tested is a good place to start your research.
- Visiting the brand’s product page is one way to get familiar with the RRP of your chosen toaster. Having this in mind means you’ll be more aware of how lucrative each deal is.
- Making a list of what you want to buy across the Black Friday sales is one way to stay focussed and can help you stick to your budget.
- Some large retailers including John Lewis and Partners, AO.com and Currys PC World offer a price match guarantee, so shop around.
- Buy your chosen toaster when you see it at a price you like. We’re expecting stock levels to fluctuate much quicker than in previous years because of more people buying online.
This page was updated on 30 November 2020