Mozzarella & pesto chickpeas on toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 2
- 400g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon , zested
- 2 tbsp fresh pesto
- 4 sundried tomatoes from a jar, drained and chopped
- 4 medium sourdough slices
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ ball vegetarian mozzarella , torn
- basil leaves, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Tip half the chickpeas into a bowl and crush with a potato masher. Stir in the lemon zest and pesto, the remaining chickpeas and the tomatoes. Season.
- STEP 2
Rub the bread with the garlic clove, then toast until golden brown. Pile on the chickpea mixture and mozzarella, as well as a few basil leaves, if you like.