- ½ butternut squash (about 200g), peeled, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 140g firm tofu (we used Cauldron), cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 75g quick-cook brown basmati or wild rice (cook 50g extra if using for Tuna, sweetcorn & pea salad wraps in 'goes well with')
- 1 onion, finely chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 1cm piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, woody tip and outer leaves removed, bulbous end lightly bashed (to help release oils)
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
Turmeric is a fragrant, bright golden-yellow root that is most commonly seen and used dried and…
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ ripe mango, peeled, stoned and cut into chunks
- 200g baby spinach
- 150ml vegetable stock (or water)
- 150ml low-fat coconut milk
Coconut milk is not the slightly opaque liquid that flows from a freshly opened coconut –…
- 1 tsp low-salt tamari or soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- juice 1 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the butternut squash into a non-stick roasting tin and roast for 15-20 mins or until almost soft. Remove and set aside. Meanwhile, pat the tofu dry and fry in the rapeseed oil in a frying pan until golden brown. Remove from the pan, set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions until tender. Drain and cover to keep warm. (Set aside the extra for Tuna wraps if required - see 'goes well with'.) Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 mins until soft but not coloured. Add the ginger, garlic, lemongrass, chilli and spices, and cook for 3 mins more.
Stir through the mango and roasted butternut squash, then add the spinach and pour over the stock and coconut milk. Stir gently to combine, slowly bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for a few mins until the spinach starts to wilt. Remove the lemongrass and discard.
Add the tofu cubes, tamari, lime juice and coriander, and stir well. Just before serving, check the seasoning, adding more lime juice or tamari if needed. Serve with the rice.