Steak & prosciutto skewers with sage & thyme
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 20-30 mins
- Serves 6
- 3 lemons , each cut into 8 wedges
- 24 fresh bay leaves
- 12slices of prosciutto , halved, crossways
- 6thick slices of coarse-textured bread , such as a country loaf, each cut into 4 rough chunks
- 4thick fillet steaks , each cut into 6 big cubes
- olive oil , for drizzling
- handful of sage and thyme, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Thread the ingredients onto skewers in the following order for tastiest results: lemon, bay leaf, prosciutto, bread, steak, lemon, bay leaf, prosciutto, bread, steak, bay leaf – you will have 12 skewers. Put them on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Can be prepared a day ahead and kept in the fridge.
- STEP 2
Sprinkle with the herbs, and seasoning if you want to. Roast for 5 mins then turn and cook a further 3 mins or until the bread is crisp and the steak cooked.