- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 banana shallots, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 350g wholegrain spelt spaghetti
Spelt is an ancient member of the wheat family and an evolutionary hybrid of emmer wheat…
- 300g purple sprouting broccoli, stalks sliced, heads left whole
pur-pel spr-ow-ting brok-o-lee
This untidy-looking, colourful cousin of broccoli can be used in much the same way. Leafier and…
- 140-160g pack pancetta cubes
Pancetta is Italian cured pork belly - the equivalent of streaky bacon. It has a deep, strong,…
- 2 pieces brown bread, torn into small pieces
- 100g goat's cheese
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the shallots, garlic, most of the chilli and some seasoning. Cook gently for about 10 mins until softened.
Cook the pasta following pack instructions, adding the broccoli for the final 5 mins.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in another pan. Add the pancetta, sizzling until the fat is released and the cubes are turning crisp. Tip in the bread and seasoning, and fry to make golden croutons. Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving a few tbsp of cooking water.
Toss the pasta into the shallot mixture, adding enough cooking water to help the sauce coat the pasta. Check the seasoning, then sprinkle with the croutons, pancetta, remaining chilli and the goat's cheese. Drizzle over a little olive oil and serve straight away.