Smoked salmon, dill & lemon paté
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 4 as a starter, 8 as a dip
- 150g smoked salmon, trimmings are fine
- 200g tub soft cheese
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche, only if you have some
- juice half a lemon
- small bunch dill or chives, chopped
- breadsticks or granary toast, to serve
- STEP 1
If you aren’t using smoked salmon trimmings then chop the salmon into small pieces. Tip the soft cheese, crème fraîche (if using) and lemon juice into a food processor, season generously with black pepper and blitz to your liking. Add the smoked salmon and pulse a few times if you want the paté chunky or blitz some more if you want the paté smooth and pink.
- STEP 2
Stir the herbs into the paté and spoon into a large or four smaller bowls and serve with warm toast as a starter or with breadsticks as a dip.