Smoked haddock & sweetcorn chowder
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 25g butter
- 1 onion , chopped
- 3 celery sticks , chopped
- 200g baby new potatoes , halved
- 500ml chicken stock
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 300g frozen sweetcorn (or drained weight from a can)
- 400g undyed smoked haddock fillets, skinless and boneless
- small pack flat-leaf parsley , leaves only, chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the butter in a large saucepan until melted. Add the onion, celery and potatoes, and cook gently for 10 mins until the onion is really soft.
- STEP 2
Pour in the chicken stock followed by the milk and stir well. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Season to taste. Add the sweetcorn, then place the haddock fillets on top. Let the mixture simmer very gently for 5 mins or until the haddock just starts to break up.
- STEP 3
To serve, carefully stir in half of the parsley, ladle the chowder into individual bowls and scatter with the remaining parsley at the table.