Easy smoked haddock chowder
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 35 minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 potatoes , scrubbed and sliced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 smoked haddock fillets, about 100g/4oz each, skinned and cut into chunks
- 418g can creamed corn
- 4 tbsp milk , or to taste
- handful parsley , chopped (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the onion and potatoes into a large sauté pan. Pour over the vegetable stock and simmer for 6-8 mins until the potatoes are soft, but still have a slight bite. Add the chunks of smoked haddock. Tip in the creamed corn and add the milk – if you like a thinner chowder, add more.
- STEP 2
Gently simmer for 5-7 mins until the haddock is cooked (it should flake easily when pressed with a fork). Sprinkle over the parsley, if using, then ladle into bowls.