Smoked haddock & chorizo salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
- 140g crusty white bread , such as pain de campagne or sourdough, cut into 2cm or 3/4in cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 140g bag watercress , spinach & rocket salad
- 175g cooking chorizo , sliced
- 350g smoked haddock fillet, cut into 2.5cm or 1in pieces
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- STEP 1
Toss the bread in 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Heat a large frying pan and fry the bread for 5-10 mins until crisp and golden, then set aside on kitchen paper.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the salad in a serving bowl. Wipe out the frying pan and pour in the remaining oil. Add the chorizo slices and cook for 1 min, stirring occasionally. Add the haddock to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins, turning over carefully halfway through. When cooked, the haddock will be opaque and the chorizo should be beginning to turn crisp around the edges.
- STEP 3
Use a slotted spoon to remove the haddock and chorizo from the pan, and add to the salad with the bread cubes.
- STEP 4
Return the pan to the heat and add the lemon juice and mustard. Stir and heat through for 30 secs, then drizzle over the salad. Serve straight away.