Sausage, sage & onion stuffing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook in the turkey or separately for 40 mins
- Serves 8 - 10
- 2 onions, sliced
- 25g butter
- 1 small Bramley apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 x 400g packs meaty Cumberland sausages, removed from their skins
- handful sage, leaves chopped, plus extra for topping
- 140g granary breadcrumbs
- STEP 1
Fry 2 sliced onions in 25g butter for 5 mins, then add 1 small diced Bramley apple and cook briefly.
- STEP 2
Cool, then mix with 800g Cumberland sausages, skins removed, the chopped handful of sage, 140g granary breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- STEP 3
Use to stuff the neck end of the bird, then roll any leftovers into balls. Or, pack the whole mixture into a 1kg loaf tin and top with extra sage leaves.
- STEP 4
Bake with turkey for 30-40 mins. Drain off any fat and serve sliced.