Lemon pepper steaks with hazelnut salsa verde
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 large celeriac , peeled and cut into finger-sized chips
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bavette , sirloin or rump steaks, (about 150g each)
- 2 lemons , zested
- small pack flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers
- 1 small shallot , finely chopped
- ½ garlic clove , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts , toasted and chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C/gas 6. Toss the celeriac chips in 1 tbsp oil and tip them onto a large baking tray. Season and roast for 35 mins or until soft and golden around the edges. Brush the steaks with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle the lemon zest and some cracked black pepper liberally on both sides. Leave to marinate while you make the sauce.
- STEP 2
Mix the parsley, capers, shallot, garlic, vinegar, hazelnuts and the remaining oil in a small bowl.
- STEP 3
Heat a griddle or frying pan and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins each side if thick (1-2 mins for thin steaks). Rest, wrapped in foil, for 5 mins, then slice. Serve the steaks with the sauce and roasted celeriac.