- 4 lean lamb steaks (about 400g), trimmed of all fat, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves , finely grated
- 8 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 4 tsp rapeseed oil
- 4 onions , sliced
- 2 red chillies , deseeded and chopped
- 170g brown basmati rice
- 320g diced butternut squash
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 20cm length cucumber , grated
- 100ml bio yogurt
- 4 tbsp chopped mint , plus a few extra leaves
- handful coriander , chopped
- STEP 1
Mix the lamb with the garlic, 2 tsp chopped ginger and 1 tsp ground coriander and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat 2 tsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add the onions, the remaining ginger and chilli and stir-fry briefly over a high heat so they start to soften. Add the rice and squash and stir over the heat for a few mins. Tip in all the remaining spices, then stir in 500ml boiling water and the bouillon. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 mins.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, mix the cucumber, yogurt and mint together in a bowl to make a raita. Chill half for later.
- STEP 4
About 5 mins before the rice is ready, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the lamb and stir for a few mins until browned but still nice tender. Toss into the spiced rice with the coriander and serve with the raita and a few mint or coriander leaves on top.