Beetroot & halloumi salad with pomegranate and dill
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 oranges
- 4 handfuls rocket leaves
- 2 cooked beetroots, chopped
- drop rapeseed oil, for frying
- 80g thinly sliced halloumi, slices halved
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- handful mint leaves
- few sprigs dill, chopped
- STEP 1
Put the sliced onion in a bowl, add the vinegar and toss well. Cut the peel and pith from the orange then segment over the onion bowl to make sure that you catch any juice.
- STEP 2
Pile the rocket onto plates and dot over the beetroot and orange. Rub a drop of oil around a non-stick frying pan then fry the halloumi in the pan for about 30 seconds each side until golden.
- STEP 3
Stir the pomegranate into the onions and spoon this and all the dressing, over the rocket, then top with the halloumi and scatter with the pumpkin seeds, mint and dill.