- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
A variety of oils can be used for baking. Sunflower is the one we use most often at Good Food as…
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 3 tbsp medium spice paste (tikka works well)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- 50g ground almonds
- naan breads or cooked basmati rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish or large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and a generous pinch of salt and fry for 8-10 mins, or until the onion has turned golden brown and sticky. Add the garlic and ginger, cooking for a further minute.
Chop the chicken into chunky 3cm pieces, add to the pan and fry for 5 mins before stirring through the spice paste and tomatoes, along with 250ml water. Bring to the boil, lower to a simmer and cook on a gentle heat uncovered for 25-30 mins or until rich and slightly reduced. Stir though the yogurt, coriander and ground almonds, season and serve with warm naan or fluffy basmati rice.