Beetroot, apple & broad bean tabbouleh
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus cooling
- Serves 4
- 150g bulgur wheat
- 1 heaped tsp coriander seeds
- small bunch parsley , finely chopped
- 1 small apple , thinly sliced
- 200g podded broad beans
- 2 raw beetroot , peeled, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 30g feta , crumbled
- 20g shelled pistachios , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Tip the bulgur into a sieve and rinse under cold water. Cook in a pan of boiling water following pack instructions. Drain and leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Crush the coriander seeds, then tip into a pan and dry-fry for 3 mins until just toasted. Toss the bulgur with the toasted seeds, the parsley, apple, broad beans, beetroot, lemon juice and rapeseed oil.
- STEP 3
Spoon the tabbouleh onto a serving platter and scatter over the feta and pistachios.