- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ small bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
- 150g mixed rocket salad leaves
- 130g cherry tomatoes , halved
For the latkes
- 400g raw beetroot , peeled, trimmed and coarsely grated
- 1 large egg , beaten
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 large garlic clove , grated
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 lemon , zested
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Make the latkes by combining all of the ingredients.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan. Spoon in the mixture to make six round latkes. Fry for 4-5 mins on each side, then transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 10 mins.
- STEP 3
Combine the yogurt and mint in a small bowl. Toss the salad leaves and tomatoes together, then serve the latkes with the mint yogurt and salad.