Making an omelette – step by step:
- Beat the eggs really well until there are no more flecks of white.
- Allow the butter to melt and sizzle before pouring in the eggs.
- As the egg starts to set, drag with a fork towards the middle of the pan, filling any gaps with the raw egg mix.
- Add any fillings once the egg has set and scatter on before folding.
- Use a wooden spatula to help you roll up or fold your omelette in the pan, then slide it onto the plate.
And there you have it, the perfect omelette.
- A small non-stick pan is best when making omelettes.
- The butter should melt and sizzle but not brown too quickly. If this happens, the pan is too hot. Use a medium heat.
Looking for more morning meal inspiration?