Skinny pepper, tomato & ham omelette
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions , white and green parts kept separate and finely chopped
- few slices wafer-thin extra-lean ham , shredded
- 25g reduced-fat mature cheddar
- wholemeal toast , to serve (optional)
- 1-2 chopped fresh tomatoes , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Mix the eggs and egg whites with some seasoning and set aside. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan and cook the pepper for 3-4 mins. Throw in the white parts of the spring onions and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the eggs and cook over a medium heat until almost completely set.
- STEP 2
Sprinkle on the ham and cheese and continue cooking until just set in the centre, or flash it under a hot grill if you like it more well done. Serve straight from the pan with the green part of the spring onion sprinkled on top, the chopped tomato and some wholemeal toast.