Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 24
South African favourite, good with morning coffee
- 480g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 g butter cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk (or plain Yoghurt)
- 150 g Granola
- 50 g dried cranberries
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- STEP 2Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- STEP 3Rub in the butter until breadcrumb consistency.
- STEP 4Beat together the eggs and buttermilk then mix into the dry ingredients
- STEP 5Mix in the Granola and cranberries, then press the mixture firmly into a lined square baking tin.
- STEP 6Bake for 1 hour or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- STEP 7Remove from the oven and slice into rusks, about 24
- STEP 8Turn the oven down to 90°C. Place the cut pieces into flat baking trays and dry in the oven with the door slightly ajar - this will take about 4 hours.
- STEP 9Store in an air-tight container and serve with hot tea or coffee.