Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Medaillons De Porc Au Camembert (Pork W/Camembert - France)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
The layers of taste build up to become much more than the sum of the ingredients.
- 680 g pork fillets
- 25 ml butter
- 220 g creme fraiche (or whipping cream)
- 25 ml mixed herbs (such as marjoram, thyme & sage)
- 170g camembert cheese (rind removed thinly & then thinly sliced)
- 12 ml Dijon mustard
- black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- Fresh Parsley to garnish
- STEP 1Put the pork fillets between 2 sheets of grease-proof paper or clear film & pound w/the flat side of a meat mallet or roll w/a rolling pin to flatten to a thickness of about 1/2-inch. Sprinkle fillets w/pepper.
- STEP 2Melt butter in a heavy frying pan over med-high heat till it begins to brown & then add the meat. Cook for 5 min (turning once) or till just cooked through. Transfer to a warmed dish & cover to keep warm.
- STEP 3Add the wine to the same pan & bring to a gentle boil (de-glaze the pan), scraping the meat drippings from the base of the pan. Stir in the creme fraiche (or cream) + the herbs & bring back to a gentle boil.
- STEP 4Add the cheese, mustard & any meat juices that have accumulated from the warm meat. Add more creme fraiche (or cream) as desired to reach your preferred sauce consistency & adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately w/the sauce & garnish w/the chopped parsley.