- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A mild vegetarian aubergine dish
- 2 medium onions
- 2 aubergines
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp of mild curry powder
- 1 450g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of garam masala
- Natural yoghurt
- STEP 1Peel the onions and roughly chop them. Halve and thickly slice 2 medium aubergines. Soften the onions and aubergines in the olive oil in a large, deep pan.
- STEP 2As the vegetables soften, add the garlic, ginger and curry powder, fry briefly.
- STEP 3Add the chopped fresh tomatoes and 200ml of water. Leave to simmer for 25 - 30 minutes.
- STEP 4Season and add garam masala. Finish with a little fresh coriander and offer yogurt at the table.