Zesty haddock with crushed potatoes & peas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 600g floury potato, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 140g frozen peas
- 2 ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- juice and zest ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- 4 haddock or other chunky white fish fillets, about 120g each (or use 2 small per person)
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- broccoli, to serve
- STEP 1
Cover the potatoes in cold water, bring to the boil, then turn to a simmer. Cook for 10 mins until tender, adding peas for the final min of cooking. Drain and roughly crush together, adding plenty of seasoning and 1 tbsp oil. Keep warm.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, for the dressing, mix 1 tbsp oil, the lemon juice and zest, capers and chives with some seasoning.
- STEP 3
Dust the fish in the flour, tapping off any excess and season. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the fish for 2-3 mins on each side until cooked, then add the dressing and warm through. Serve with the crush and broccoli.