Tomato & thyme cod
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp light soft brown sugar
- few sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cod fillets, or another white flaky fish, such as pollock
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add 1 chopped onion, then fry for 5-8 mins until lightly browned.
- STEP 2
Stir in a 400g can chopped tomatoes, 1 heaped tsp light soft brown sugar, the leaves from a few sprigs of thyme and 1 tbsp soy sauce, then bring to the boil.
- STEP 3
Simmer 5 mins, then slip 4 cod fillets into the sauce.
- STEP 4
Cover and gently cook for 8-10 mins until the cod flakes easily. Serve with baked or steamed potatoes.