Spring onion quesadillas with guacamole salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 10 spring onions , trimmed
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds , plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus 1 tsp
- 2 soft flour tortillas (or gluten-free alternative)
- 10 slices of jalapeno chillies (from a jar)
- 85g cheddar , grated
- 1 avocado , halved, stoned and peeled
- juice 1 lime
- small pack coriander , plus extra leaves to serve
- ½ cucumber , peeled, halved lengthways and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 Little Gem lettuces , cut into thin wedges
- STEP 1
Boil a pan of water and add the spring onions. Cook for 2-3 mins until just tender, then drain and run under very cold water. Set aside on some kitchen paper. Toast the pumpkin seeds for 1-2 mins in a hot, dry pan until slightly golden. Tip into a bowl and leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Heat a griddle pan on a high heat. Drizzle the spring onions with 1 tsp olive oil and season. Griddle for 2 mins each side until lightly charred. Lay out a tortilla and place the spring onions across, top to tail. Scatter over the jalapeños and the cheese. Top with the other tortilla and press together. Cook in the griddle pan for 1-2 mins each side, turning carefully, until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is crisp.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, whizz together the remaining oil, the avocado, lime juice, coriander and 1 tbsp water. Season the dressing before tossing with the cucumber and lettuce. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and the remaining coriander leaves. Cut the quesadilla in quarters and serve with the salad.