Smoky chipotle pepper salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 2 red peppers , halved lengthways
- 6 ripe tomatoes , halved
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- juice 1 lime
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 red onion , finely chopped
- 20g pack coriander , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat grill to high. Put peppers onto a baking sheet, skin-side up, grill until skins are black, then put into a bowl and cover. Leave until cool, then peel skins away.
- STEP 2
Scoop out and discard tomato seeds. Put tomatoes into a food processor with garlic, lime juice, oil and chipotle paste. Add peppers, then pulse until chunky. Stir onion and coriander through, then serve.