Corn & black bean salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 140g dried black beans , soaked overnight
- 326g or 330g can sweetcorn , drained
- bunch spring onions , sliced
- ½ large bunch coriander , leaves and stalks chopped, plus chopped stalks leftover from the Cheese & chilli melts (see 'Goes well with', below)
- juice 2 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1
Drain, then rinse the soaked beans. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 45 mins or until tender. Drain again.
- STEP 2
Mix the beans, corn, spring onions, coriander stalks and leaves, lime juice, oil and some seasoning together in a bowl. Cover, then chill for up to half a day until ready to serve.