Cheese & chilli melts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 250g strong cheddar , grated
- 4 tomatoes , roughly chopped
- 1 green or red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ large bunch coriander , leaves roughly chopped
- 8 flour tortillas (we used Discovery)
- oil , for brushing
- STEP 1
Put the cheese, tomatoes, chilli and coriander leaves into a bowl with some seasoning, then mix well.
- STEP 2
Warm tortillas in the microwave according to pack instructions – this makes them more bendable. Divide the cheese mix over one half of each tortilla. Fold over the other half to make 8 half-moons, then press down to seal.
- STEP 3
Brush the tops with a little oil, then sit, oil-side down, on a hot area of the barbecue. Cook for a couple of mins until crisp and golden, brush the uncooked side with oil, then flip over for another few mins. Slice into wedges, then pile onto a platter while you cook the rest.