Spicy tuna & chickpea patties
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 4
Using canned chickpeas
instead of potatoes means
these spicy patties are really
quick to make
- 150g tub low fat natural yogurt
- a good handful of fresh coriander , roughly chopped
- 2x cans chickpea , drained and rinsed
- 400g can tuna in brine, drained
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 plump garlic clove , crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp crushed dried chilli
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes , halved
- STEP 1
Mix the yogurt with half the coriander in a small bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
- STEP 2
Tip the chickpeas into a food processor. Blitz for a just a few seconds so they keep some of their texture. Transfer to a large bowl. Flake in the tuna and mix in the onion, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, chilli and rest of the coriander. Season, then gently stir to mix all the ingredients. Shape into 12 patties with your hands. Dust with flour.
- STEP 3
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook 6 patties for 5-6 minutes, turning over after 3 minutes. Keep them warm while you cook the rest.
- STEP 4
Put the tomatoes in the pan. Cook over a high heat for 30-40 seconds until warmed through and starting to soften. Serve with the patties (3 per person) and the coriander dip.