Spicy spring onion salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus soaking, no cook
- Serves 2-4 as a side
- 4 spring onions , cut into long, thin strips
- ¼ small red onion , thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp gochugaru chilli flakes (see tip)
- STEP 1
Put the spring onions and onion in a large bowl of iced water and soak for at least 5 mins (or up to 2 hrs) in the fridge, until the spring onions curl up.
- STEP 2
When ready to serve, drain well, spin in a salad spinner or pat dry, then transfer to a medium bowl. Add the sesame oil, gochugaru and a pinch of salt, then toss to coat. Serve immediately.