- 2½ tbsp doenjang (soybean paste, see tip)
- 2 tbsp gochujang chilli paste (see tip)
- 2 tbsp mirim (Korean mirin)
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients and serve. Will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
DoenjangA Korean essential, this pungent fermented soybean paste is similar to a strong miso paste, but darker, coarser and stronger in flavour.
GochugaruChilli powder or flakes made from Korean chillies, which have their own unique flavour. This condiment will become your chilli of choice to sprinkle on anything that needssome heat.
MirinKnown as mirin in Japan, this sweet cooking wine has a small alcohol content and is used to give food a hint of sweetness.