Slow cooker pork fillet with apples
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 500g pork fillet, sliced into medallions
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 3 eating apples
- 150ml low-salt chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 sage leaves , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- STEP 1
Heat the slow cooker. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, fry the pork medallions on each side for 2 mins until they pick up a little colour. Fry the onion for a few mins, then add the stock and mustard to the pan and stir. Tip the pork and sauce into the slow cooker.
- STEP 2
Core and cut the apples into quarters, add them to the pot with the sage. Season with black pepper. Cook on Low for 4 hours or until the meat is tender, then stir in the crème fraîche.