Sausage & pancetta skewers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
- 8 large Cumberland sausages , halved widthways
- 200g ciabatta , torn into 16 chunks
- 120g pack thick-cut pancetta , cut into 16 thick lardons
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes , quartered
- 1/2 pack of rosemary , leaves picked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
You will need
- 8 soaked wooden skewers
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to medium. Thread a piece of sausage onto each skewer, followed by a piece of bread, a bit of pancetta and a tomato, then repeat with the remaining ingredients – you should have two of everything on each skewer.
- STEP 2
Line a baking tray with foil, scatter over the rosemary, and place a rack on top with the skewers. Drizzle over the oil and grill for 20-25 mins, turning every few mins, until everything is cooked through and crispy. If the bread is blackening too quickly, turn it round every min or so.