Radicchio & puntarelle salad with anchovy dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 1 hr soaking
- Serves 6
- 1 head puntarelle
- 1 small head radicchio Trevigiano, sliced into think strps
For the anchovy dressing
- 150ml olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove , finely chopped
- 50g anchovies , drained if in oil
- 80ml chardonnay vinegar or white wine vinegar
- STEP 1
To make the dressing, heat a little of the oil in a pan and cook the garlic briefly (don’t let it brown). Tip into a blender with the other ingredients and the remaining oil, and blitz to a smooth dressing.
- STEP 2
Pull the stalks off the puntarelle to find the core and cut the individual bulbs into thin shreds. Put straight into ice-cold water to soak for 1 hr. Drain well, then toss with the radicchio and anchovy dressing.