- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus chilling
- Serves 2
- 150g picked white crabmeat, the freshest you can buy
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- small handful chives, chopped
- ½ orange, zested
- 2 large slices sourdough, grilled or griddled, to serve
For the paprika butter
- 60g butter
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- STEP 1
Tip the crabmeat into a bowl and mix with the mayonnaise, shallot, chives, orange zest and some seasoning. Spoon the mixture into a shallow serving dish. Smooth the top over, then pop in the fridge to chill.
- STEP 2
Gently melt the butter and smoked paprika together. Leave the butter to cool a little, but don’t let it solidify. Carefully pour the clear butter fat over the crab, leaving the milky butter residue still in the saucepan. Return to the fridge for 20-25 mins or up to a day to firm the butter up. Serve with some grilled sourdough for spreading everything over.