Pork with sweet & sour onion sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g mixed basmati rice and wild rice
- 600g pork fillet , cut into 4cm-thick slices
- 2 tbsp coarse black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion , halved and sliced
- 150ml cider vinegar
- 75ml maple syrup
- small bunch parsley , chopped
- STEP 1
Boil the rice in plenty of water, following pack instructions, until cooked. Drain, return to the pot and cover to keep warm.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, sprinkle the meat on all sides with the black pepper and some salt. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Sear the meat on both sides until nicely browned. Remove from the pan.
- STEP 3
Add the remaining oil and the onion to the pan. Cook for 5 mins, then pour in the vinegar and let reduce for 1 min. Stir in the maple syrup, then return the pork to the pan and heat for 5 mins until cooked through. Serve the pork and sauce spooned over the rice and scattered with the parsley.